• Direct replacements for meters on GE & EMD locomotives
• Additional models for light rail and other transit applications
• Rugged construction – metal cases, high shock mechanisms
• Measure speed, pressure, charge/discharge current, etc.
• Variety of sizes and styles, plus custom dials in any language
• Meter calibration and repair services
• Large inventory of meter accessories & electrical testers
For more than 30 years, locomotive manufacturers such as GE, EMD and Alstom (General Railway) relied on Weschler Instruments for speedometers, ammeters and other cab instrumentation. The products were supplied under the Weschler, EIL, MeterMaster and Trott company names. These same meters are now available to end users and service companies for maintenance and rebuilds.
We have hundreds of OEM drawings on file and can provide an exact replacement for many models. These drawings include special designs for regional transit systems, such as SEPTA (Southeastern PA), NYCTA (New York City), Metra (Chicago) and NICTD (Northern Indiana). If the meter you need is obsolete or not one of our existing designs, our Meter Modification Center will work with you to select and customize a substitute meter. Our customization capabilities include modifications to the meter housing and movement, custom dials and illumination.
We offer quick turnaround on standard items utilizing our large inventory of component parts and in-house design capabilities. Using computerized layout and fabrication, we can provide dials in any language, with special markings as needed for the application. We also offer meter calibration and repair services.
For additional information give us a call at 800.903.9870 or download our informational PDF.