Laurel High Performance DPMs
The design of the Laureate™ Series is modular for maximum flexibility at minimum cost. The base configuration for a panel meter or counter consists of a main module (with computer and plug-in display boards), a power supply board, and a signal conditioner board. Optional plug-in boards include an isolated setpoint controller board, an isolated analog output board, and an isolated digital interface board. Modular design and a choice of plug-in options allow the Laureate to be customized for a broad range of applications from simple monitoring to control and computer interface. There can be up to five plug-in boards in a 1/8 DIN Laureate
The main module (with computer and display boards) defines the Laureate series (DPM, weight meter, counter, or remote display), version (standard or extended), and LED display color (red or green). The number of digits is 5 for DPMs or 6 for counters, weight meters and remote displays. LED digits are 14.2 mm (0.56″) high.
Power Suppy Boards: The same standard switching power supply board handles inputs of 85-264 Vac for worldwide AC use, plus 90-300 Vdc. An optional low voltage power supply board handles 10-48 Vdc or 12-32 Vac, allows the meter to be powered by 24 Vdc or by batteries. Isolated 5, 10 or 24 Vdc transducer excitation output is standard with either supply.
- Normal Voltage: 85-264 Vac or 90-300 Vdc
- Low Voltage: 10-48 Vdc or 12-32 Vac
Signal Conditioner Boards: Four signal conditioner boards are selectable for DPMs:
- DC (volts, amps, mV, mA, process, potentiometric ratio).
- AC True RMS (AC volts, mV, amps, mA).
- Thermocouple (Types J, K, T, E, N, R, S)
- RTD (Pt 100, Ni 120, Cu 10) and Ohms (2 Ω to 2 MΩ ranges)
- Load cell (load cell, strain gauge, scale meter, microvolts).
Relay Output Boards: Two isolated setpoint controller options are available to add alarm and control capability to DPMs, counters, timers and remote displays. Mutiple operating modes are programmable:
- Two or four 8A contact relays
- Two or four isolated AC/DC solid state relays
Analog Output Boards: A single-channel isolated analog output board capable of 4-20 mA, 0-20 mA, 0-10V or bipolar ±10V output is available for DPMs, counters timers and remote displays. A dual-channel isolated analog output board capable of 4-20 mA, 0-20 mA or 0-10V or output is available for counters timers and remote displays. These board effectively turn their host meter into an isolated transmitter. The output is scaled and linearized to the display. Resolution is 16 bits.
- Single-channel analog output, 4-20 mA, 0-20 mA, 0-10V, -10 to +10V
- Dual-channel analog output, 4-20 mA, 0-20 mA, 0-10V
Serial Communication Boards: Isolated communication interface boards allow the Laureate to communicate with a computer or PLC. The two serial boards allow the Laureate to drive a remote display, or to serve as a remote display.
- Ethernet (with RJ45 connector for Ethernet cable)
- RS232 (with RJ11 connector)
- RS485 (with dual RJ11 connectors for daisy chaining)
- RS485 (with dual RJ45 connectors for daisy chaining)
- USB 2.0 (with USB Type B connector for connection to PC)
- USB-to-RS485 converter (with USB Type-B connector to PC & RJ11 connector to RS485 bus)
- Ethernet-to-RS485 converter (with RJ45 connector for Ethernet cable plus RJ11 connector to RS485 bus)
Physical Characteristics: All Laureates meters are housed in a compact and rugged 1/8 DIN case which fits in a standard 45 x 92 mm panel cutout and requires only 102 mm (4.0″) behind the panel (plus connectors). The Laureate case is sealed to NEMA-4X (IP-65) requirements from the front when panel mounted to allow high-pressure wash-down. All power and signal connections are via detachable UL / IEC / CSA rated screw-clamp terminals, which are standard. Serial communications are via industry-standard connectors.
- ±99999 Display Span
- User Selectable Ranges
- 10 Input Types Available
- 60 Readings Per Second
- Adaptive Digital Filter
- 1/8 DIN, NEMA-4X Front
- 5, 10, 24V DC Excitation Out
- All Outputs Isolated
- 2 or 4 Setpoint Relay Outputs
- Linearized Analog Output
- USB, RS-232 & RS-485 or Ethernet Data I/O
- Custom Curve Linearization
- Jumper Selectable Input Range
- Datalogging PC Software
Laureate™ DPMs offer exceptional accuracy at high reading rates. Advanced programming features provide flexibility in measuring DCV, ACV, DCA, ACA, temperature, weight, strain, process & resistance.
ETL & CE Approved.