Item #AE/2136.50, AEMC Digital Transformer Turns Ratiometer DTR Model 8510
The DTR® (Digital Transformer Turns Ratiometer) Model 8510 is an easy-to-use portable digital transformer turns ratiometer designed for on-site testing of power, potential and current transformers. When connected to a non-energized transformer, the DTR® Model 8510 accurately measures primary to secondary turns ratio, while simultaneously displaying polarity and excitation current.
The DTR® is fully automatic and uses an ANSI/IEEE compliant test method. No user calibration, range selection, hand cranking or tedious balancing is required. At each measurement, the DTR® automatically self-calibrates and checks for open windings/connections/circuit breakers, short circuits (excess excitation current), incorrect test lead placement, and reverse polarity. Measurements are displayed quickly and accurately.
- Measures power transformers, VT/PTs and current transformer CT turns ratios
- Displays turns ratio, excitation current, winding polarity, and % deviation from the nameplate values
- Smart/fast battery charger with universal input voltage (100-240V, 50-60Hz) charges batteries in less than 4 hours
- Ratio test results in less than 7 seconds
- Internal NiMH battery packs provide up to 10 hours of continuous operation
- Tests performed by exciting the primary and reading the secondary; provides safer conditions for the operator
- Display warns of incorrect lead connection, reverse polarity, open and short circuits
- Easy connection and test setup; no calibration or balancing required
- Large dual display with adjustable contrast ensures clearer visibility in any lighting environment day or night
- Low battery indicator
- Includes 15 foot lead set
- Stores up to 10,000 test results in internal memory automatically or by user selection
- Filter selection to improve test results in electrically noisy environments
- USB port facilitates configuring the instrument and downloading test results
- Includes DataView® software for instrument configuration, data storage, analysis, and report generation
- Power transformers
- Potential transformers
- Current transformers
DTR® Model 8510 – Cat. #2136.50 : Includes soft carrying case, NiMH batteries (installed), 115V power cord, set of (2) 15 ft leads, set of (2) alligator clips (red, black), 10 ft USB cable, external battery charger (90-264Vac, 50/60Hz) and USB drive with DataView® software and a user manual.