Item #2126.54, AEMC Hand-Held Megohmmeter / Multimeter
The Models 6528 and 6529 are low cost 1000V hand-held instruments that offer Multimeter functions as well as Megohmmeter functions. These two models are aimed at the commercial, industrial and contractor markets and are simple to use. They are priced at a point tailored to contractors and independent electricians that need to check the quality of insulation as well as perform basic electrical measurements.
They are True Megohmmeters® in compliance with IEC 61010 and designed with features and functions for use in the field: lightweight, compact, rugged, and easy to handle, even when wearing gloves. Their construction and interface are intended to simplify use. An intuitive pass/fail indication offering a blue/red backlight makes it very easy to identify defective conditions.
They include an automatic test inhibit if connected to a live circuit as well as automatic discharge at the completion of the test.
A relative measurement function called Differential Mode Resistance (DMR), unique to AEMC, provides the capability to compare measurements to a known reference quickly recognizing potential problems. Multimeter functions include AC/DC voltage, resistance, and continuity.
- Selectable test voltages 250, 500 and 1000V (model 6528)
- Selectable test voltages 50, 100, 250, 500 and 1000V (model 6529)
- Basic DMM functions; Volts, Continuity, and Resistance
- DAR and PI ratio test functions (model 6529)
- Dual line display to view the insulation value and real-time test voltage simultaneously in an easy-to-read format
- DMR mode – relative resistance comparison to a reference value
- 2-color backlighting easily shows alarm conditions
- Shockproof sheath for excellent handling
- Automatic power-off function to optimize the battery life
- ETL approval
- Programmable alarm thresholds
- Electrical Contracting
- Plant Maintenance
- Municipal Inspector
- Electric Utilities
Includes set of (2) 5 ft color-coded silicone leads, (2) color-coded alligator clips and (2) color-coded test probes (red/black) (Rated 1000V CAT IV, UL V2), soft carrying case, (6) 1.5V AA batteries and a user manual.